Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Voice Shocker!!

I will start off with the results even though they did Christina's team at the beginning and Blake's at the end.

They announced that Beverly McClennan had received the public vote for Christina's team, I am not sure if anyone was surprised by this or not. She is a star and can win it all. Then Christina talked about everyone and she choose Frenchie. Also not a shocked these are the two Xtina really needed to have a chance at winning. I also think Christina has a thing for baldies. She had an all girl team with no hair.

Then comes to Blakes results. Dia was announced to have received the public vote. This doesn't really surprise me at all because after looking at itunes she was highest up (almost in the top 10) on the top 100 chart. Blake seemed pissed! He clearly didn't want Dia to be left but she did amazing and I think she probably had one of the biggest fan bases beside Javier. He had a tough choice left, it seemed like the smartest thing for him to do would be to choose one of the two boys. But Blake is in love with little Xenia and he thinks he can mold her into a star and he chose her. I think both boys (and most of the audience) were shocked at this....frankly I am shocked that we have two all female teams.

I think this is bad for the other girls who are on Adams and Cee Los teams. I love Taylor and Tori, Vicci and Casey so much but I feel like there chances (excluding Vicci) all seem a bit lower because of the amount of girls who are already in the top 8. Now I don't think this show has any kind of gender based voting so they still have as much of a public chance, and maybe even a small chance to be picked by their coaches...especially Vicci.

That being said I do think Cee Lo and Adam both have bomb teams so if these girls don't get picked by their coaches it will be because someone has more talent and not based on gender.

Another thing I may have mention but want to throw out there again, I wish they send 4 people home randomly and it was all Americas vote and it was just 2 people from each team. Some teams have SO MUCH talent.

Anyway it is time for the show!!

Tori and Taylor- Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. It was hot, fun and all around a great performance. I love these two and always have but I am not sure they are strong enough singers to make it to the next round. I think they would have a better shot as individuals then as a group. I think if this show was longer they could probably squeeze by another week or two but with half their team being cut next week I am sad to say they may go :(

Casey Weston- Black Horse in a Cherry Tree. I love Casey, I wasn't sure about her at the start of the show and I think she came out and blew everyone away during the battle round. I didn't expect her to be that amazing during the lives but she brought out her guitar and wowed me. It was really good. like the Thompson sisters I feel if this was a different show Casey would stick around longer but with the format and the amount of talent on her team I feel she may go home.

Vicci Martinez- Jolene. I wouldn't have chose this song for her but I loved it. Vicci could sing the phone book and I'd love it. I am not sure if she will get the popular vote but I definitely think we will be seeing more of her on this show.

Devon Barley- Stop and Stare. Oh Devon, I wasn't sure how much I liked you during battle round but you really did well and I thought you earned your win against someone who seemed to be the obvious winner. Alas I do not think you are ready to be a singer, at least not with this song. During the chorus I just felt you weren't giving it your all and you didn't do the song justice.

Nakia- Sex on Fire. I am not on the Nakia band wagon. I will take nothing from him or his performance though, he was great and always had been. BUT I think theres plenty of singers who are as good and better then he is but he got a lot of attention for singing a Cee Lo song. that being sad I think he did amazing as always and he is sure to be in the next round.

Jeff Jenkins- Jesus, Take the Wheel. I love Jeff, I think he is a great singer and I think he is a great person. I think the rest of America will love him also. Represent for us guys that have a little extra cushion.

Curtis Grimes- Addicted to Love. I think Cee Lo might have made a bad song choice for him, or maybe he made a bad contestant choice in him but I did not like this very much. I think he hold little chance of making it.

Javier Color- Angel. I am starting to get use to the sideways hat, only because he'd look weird without it. Could he have sang a sadder song? I hated it...all I could think about was sick and injured puppies. But I suppose if I had never seen that commercial I'd say he did AMAZING!!!!!!!! When I checked he was in the top 11 on itunes hot 100 and I will guarantee hes in the top 8.


Okay here is my life on how everyone did-

1. Javier
2. Nakia
3. Jeff
4. Casey
5. Vicci
6. Tori and Taylor
7. Devon
8. Curtis


Cee Lo's Team: I think America will vote Vicci and Cee Lo will pick Nakia or the other way around

Adam's Team: America will vote Javier and I think Adam will pick Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment