Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Voice Semi-Finales! And a Shocker!


Sorry this is a bit late, the power went out yesterday so I wasn't able to blog about Tuesday nights performance show. But I will blog about both episodes right now.

Cee Lo's team results. Vicci Martinez won the public vote. Cee Lo picked Nakia as his other team member. I am sad to see the Thompsons go but at the same time Cee Lo does have his two best members and I am happy for them!

Adam's team went right after that. With no surprise Javier Colon won the public vote. Adam's choice seemed like it would be an easy one, he'd pick Jeff Jenkins right? Wrong. He picked Casey Weston. Ok I love Casey, but honestly I loved Jeff more...I think everyone did right? Jeff's talent was undeniable!!! I was so upset about this. Adam definietly put Casey into the underdog position....sorry Xenia.

After the results we got started on the performances.

Frenchie- Like a Prayer. I really liked this, I think Frenchie did well, but I feel like she isn't living up to the big voice she has...and I think that is partly because of the song choice she has been given. Really Xtina? Give her something big to work with!!!

Nakia- Whatya Want From Me. WOW, his talent is amazing!! I love his voice. He has skills. I even forgot it was an Adam Lambert song...he made it his own

Dia- Losing My Religion. This was one of my favorites of the night. I think Dia can do no wrong (knock on wood). She is very artistic and creative and I think she may be a dark horse. She could pull out a W.

Casey- I will Always Love You. Really? Why would you make her sing this song!!! She has a great voice, but it isn't a Whitney (Or Dolly) voice. She should have sang something like Alanis Morrisette or Janis Joplin. She reminds me a lot of Haley Reinhart.

Beverly- The Thrill is Gone. The thrill was gone, she performed it well but it wasn't a memorable performance for me.

Javier- Fix You. Do I need to bother? How do you think he did?  He could sing the damn phone book and it would sound good. He was great and finally took off the damn hat!!!

Xenia- The Man Who Can't Be Moved. BAD SONG CHOICE!!! but better then last week I suppose. She did well I was pleasantly surprised. I would have made her sing some Regina Spektor or something but w/e.

Vicci- Dog Days Are Over. I love it, I think she sounded well but when she was playing hte drums I think it distracted from her full singing abilities.


Best Performances:

1. Dia
2. Javier
3. Nakia
4. Vicci
5. Beverly
6. Casey
7. Frenchie
8. Xenia

If you read my facebook status, you'd have seen my picks to be Dia, Javier, Vicci, and Beverly. I was correct.

I did vote finally. I voted for Dia because I thought Blake might try to give Xenia an advantage and I voted for Casey...because she's kind of pretty and I didn't want her to get creamed to bad.




Results Night.


After listening to Obama for about 20 minutes we got on with the show.


The 4 people moving on go into the finale next week. I think it should have been 4 out of all 8 people and not just 1 person from each team. But its not my show.

Cee Low Green's team went first. He Gave Vicci 49 points and Nakia 51. But America gave Vicci 75 and Nakia 25. So Vicci went on for Cee Lo's team. I think both of these people should have been in the finale.

Adam's team was next. He gave Javier 65 and Casey 35. He explained that he wanted to make sure talent like Javier made it to the finale. I personally think that is really stupid. The coaches should believe in their team mates and be fine with whoever make its. I felt really bad for Casey, because he basically said he didn't believe she could win. But he did Swear to God that she'd make it in the industry so I do think he cares about it, I jus thought it was dumb he'd rank one so much higher then the other when they both did well last night. It almost makes me think that he didn't put Jeff to the next round because he didn't want Javier to have compitition. Well Adam didn't really need to do anything because America (rightfully so) gave Javier 73 and Casey 27.  It surprised me that Casey did a little better against JAvier then Nakia did to Vicci.

Blake's team was up and I was a bit nervous about them. What was Blake going to do with his points? Well he said he believed in both of the girls and gave them 50 each. It was up to America (how it probably should be in this stage) Dia got 56 and Xenia 44. This was a lot closer than I imagined it to be but I am happy little Xenia has some support aout thier.

Last but not least Christina's team was up. She also have the girls 50 each so it'd be up to America again. America gave Bev 57 and Frenchie 43.


All in all I think the best people from each team made it to the finale, even if their were some casualties along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment