Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Queen of the Beasts

The first performance show of the year for So You Think You Can Dance? Premiered last night with a lot of talent!!

Megan Mullally from Will and Grace was a guest judge and surprisingly she had some pretty good things to say about the dances.

So Here we go!!!

Jordan & Tadd- African Jazz. I kind of like Jordan and I really like Tadd so I really like this partnership. I think they are about equally talented. They did well and I think it was a great way to start the show.

Sasha & Alexander- Contemporary. I am a little upset that Sasha got stuck with him, I really don't like him and wish he wasn't in the top 20. I just don't think he is that great and I don't think he could keep up with Sasha...she did way better then him last night.

Clarice & Jess- Broadway. I thought I would like Clarice but I probably won't because I don't like Jess. I think they were lucky they got a Broadway dance that was pretty enjoyable.

Ryan & Rickey- Hip Hop. I LOVE Ryan, as yall know. I was hoping she'd be with a hip hopper but I suppose its cool she's with Rickey I don't really have any thoughts about him. They did really good if you'd ignore the fact that Ryan smiled the whole time...it was kind of awkward.

Caitlynn & Mitchell- Jazz. I think Caitlynn is really beautiful like Mitchell said haha it is easier dancing with a 10 unfortunately him he was hurt and didn't dance. She got to dance with Robert who came in third place last season (I hope he is an all-star) and they did amazing. I bet Mitchell would have done well too but I don't think he would be as good as Robert

Miranda & Robert- Jive. PISSSSS I love RObert, he is one of my favorite guys...I don't like Miranda I don't think she's that pretty. I will say she did look prettier with her hair pulled back. I don't think the dancing was the best but I loved it, Robert made it so fun! I think I could learn to like Miranda because her partner is Robert.

Missy & Wadi- Jazz. Both of these people fall in the middle of my list, but I think they did well. It bothered me that they didn't seem in-sync the whole time but it was really good and I am very surprised Wadi could keep up with Missy!

Melanie & Marko- Contemporary. I love Melanie and I think Marko is a good dancer but I hate his voice. THEY DID AMAZING! Probably one of my favorite dances from this show ever. She is the Queen of the Beasts.

Ashley & Chris- Hip Hop. Ashley is really pretty and I think Chris is a great Hip hop dancer and I think it was fun and they did well. Ashley has some swag!

Iveta & Nick- Quick Step. I really like both of them so I am happy they got paired up together but I think it will be a challenge when they start entering styles outside of their own. Kiss of death the first episode? Well Iveta was the one doing that kiss and it looked like she was passing that kiss onto another couple because that was the best quick-step they have ever had on the show. They did amazing. I suppose it didn't hurt that Iveta is a world champion.


Top Performances-

1. Melanie & Marko
2. Iveta & Nick
3. Miranda & Robert
4. Missy & Wadi
5. Caitlynn & Robert* (From season 7)
6. Jordan & Tadd
7. Ryan & Rickey
8. Ashley & Chris
9. Clarice & Jess
10. Sasha & Alexander

Bottom 3 Girls (I'll bold who I'd send home)

Ashley, Clarice, Sasha

Bottom 4 Boys  (I'll bold who I'd send home)

Chris, Jess, Alexander, Mitchell

I think because some people my be favorites right now they could be swayed. I hope they send Mitchell home and tell him he can come back next year. As much as I don't like Alexander he might as well stay because Mitchell was to hurt to dance. BUT at the same time I don't want Caitlynn to have to dance with Jess lol. Guess we will see in a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment