Monday, June 13, 2011

THIS is So You THINK You Can Dance?

TOP 20! This is the show I live for in the summer, sometimes its the only show I even watch. I love it. A lot of people I really liked went home in Vegas this season :/ but what can you do. I will say the two people I wish would have been in the top 20 right now just to get it over with because there weren't many upsets. I wish Lil O would have made it, even though I'd probably be pissed that all the girls are taller then him. I also with Bridget Krouse would have made it. She has been on so many seasons and been to the Green Mile so many times I just think its time for her to be on the show, well keep it up kido because maybe next year will be your year. (Also on a little side not her little sister was in Vegas this year also.) Oh and I was said Sasha's sister didn't make it but lets face its she did miss a round I hope she comes back!

Okay time for business. I am not very excited about the contestants this season, not because I don't think they are great I just feel like there are a lot of people we know nothing about. I would say over half the people we barely saw anything from in Vegas. But that's the show!

Stacey Tookey Contempory- Rickey Jaime, Miranda Maleski, Sasha Mallory, Melanie Moore. I like this dance, I think they are all very good dancers. My favorite of this group are Sasha and Melanie.

Dave Scott Hip Hop- Tadd Gadduang, Wadi Jones, Chris Koehl, Robert Taylor Jr. This was good but what else would you expect form 4 hip hop dancers? These 4 are probably up there on the top of my list for favorite guys but of them I'd say Robert and Chris are my favorite. I wasn't even aware Tadd was still in Vegas until he made it to the top 20.

Jason Gilkison Paso Doble- Iveta Lukosiute (and Pasha) Iveta is probably the person I am most excited for, as those of you who have watched with me before I love me some good ballroom dancers, and was disappointed by the early elimination of Cristina last year when she really didn't do bad at all. I hope Iveta gets a good partner and does well!

Sonya Tayeh Jazz- Jordan Casanova, Marko Germar, Missy Morelli, Clarice Ordez. I think all 4 of these dancers can probably do well on this show. I don't like the fact that Jordan always wears bras and has no boobs and a slight belly. I have head good things about Missy and Clarice is beautiful. I also like Marko but hate his voice it sounds like he got that bullet stuck in his voice box. My two favorites are Missy and maybe Jordan. Idk why I just have a feeling I will probably not like Jordan in the future.

Chirstopher Scott Tap/Broadway- Jess LeProtto and Nick Young. I do not like Jess at all but I do like Nick. I don't like the fact that they are putting Tap into the hat this year and I don't think it should be tap or a ballroom number it should be tap or broadway because they are kind of the same. I don't think Jess is anywhere near as good as Nick so if Jess and a girl have to do it I don't think it'll be good.

Travis Wall Contemporary- Alexander Frost, Mitchell Kelly, Caitlynn Lawson, Ryan Ramirez, Ashley Rich. I love RYAN!!! She seemed to be the best in this dance. I really love all the girls in this piece though I think Ashley may be an early out just because we hardly know anything about here. I am not so thrill about Alexander but maybe he will do good.


So know we know the top 20 and their styles. I think the girls are more likable off the bat this season (with the hip hop boys just as equal as the majority of the boys) I feel like most of the boys just creeped into the top 20 without us seeing them much in Vegas.

Now its time for the Boys then Girls then everyone.

Christopher Scott Hip Hop- there were parts that were okay but and it wasn't bad but nobody stood out as an extraordinary dancer.

Sonya Tayeh Jazz- It was AMAZING!! So many good dancers in the girls this season, Nigel was right they are beasts.

Tyce Diorio Jazz- Everyone. It was was really good. I felt Ryan was very featured in this. Its almost like they are trying to make this the Ryan Ramirez show but baby I ain't complaining! Love her!

I can't wait to see who is partnered with who. This really can make or break you in this show. If two people get get partnered together they can dominate there way to the top 10 (Katee & Joshua, Twitch and Kherington). If someone lesser known gets stuck with someone really good it can push them to the top 10 and even give them the boost they need to win (Phillip and Jeanine). It can even ruin peoples chances. So this will be fun to see with so many "unknowns".

No comments:

Post a Comment