Friday, June 24, 2011

So You Think America will Save the Worst Dancers Every Week?


Did that really happen or was it just in my head? Last night on SYTYCD the judges had to eliminated 4 dancers out of the bottom 3. I should have known I would have had favorites in the bottom because that always happens to me during a double elimination.

Wadi & Missy were the first couple put into the bottom 3. I think they knew this was coming, they didn't do to well during performance night.

Iveta & Nick were the second couple in the bottom 3. I wasn't to surprised, I kind of figured. I hoped they wouldn't be but there dance wasn't as good as everyone Else's (it was a good dance, but a lot of other people seemed to have a spectacular dance).

The last couple put in the bottom 3 was Ryan & Ricky!!! Excuse me? Not Jess & Clarice? This really pissed me off because now not only were two of my favorite about couples in the bottom 3 (and I am rather fond of wadi and missy) but at least one of these couples would have to go home!!

Now I had some hope for Iveta and Nick staying when I thought it probably be Jess & Clarice. If they found themselves in the bottom 3 it would probably be Nick staying and Iveta and Missy battling for the girls, with Iveta's likely win.

BUT instead a ballroom dancer and a tap dancer (which means they don't have the best solos) had to compete against two amazing dancers like Ryan and Ricky.

All I have to say is I hope the judges learned their lesson last week because they have 6 great dancers in the bottom 3 and last week they had some good, but some not as talents dancers and choose to save them, probably because they didn't want to choose between a "personality favorite" who had a shitty solo and an "awesome dancer" who didn't perform on performance night.

Well time for solos. I'll just give a list and give my thoughts.

Best Solos:
1.Ricky- he was amazing.
2. Ryan- I don't think she gave her all, but she definitely did the best of the girls.
3.Iveta- She did well, I mean they have had better ballroom soloist on the show
4. Nick- I actually enjoyed this tap dance.
5. Wadi- I expected more from Wadi.
6. Missy- I was very unimpressed. I don't think she showed anything worth keeping.

So alas the judges picked Ryan and Ricky. I won't say I disagree with their choice, because if I was on the judges panel (which I should be) I would have chosen the same two. I just think its dumb that we lost our one ballroom girl of the season so early when she didn't do bad at all.

Clarice and Jess should have been in the bottom. They better be thanking their lucky stars.


So since it was a result show, I will be giving a list of my favorite dancers, I will do it in the partnerships:

1. Ryan & Ricky
2. Melanie & Marko
3. Caitlynn & Mitchell
4. Ashley & Chris
5. Jordan & Tadd
6. Robert & Miranda
7. Sasha & Alexander
8. Clarice & Jess

So its known, some people definitely pull their partner up the list and some drag them down. Well I will say since my second favorite couple went home at least it gives me one less team to worry about, though I'd rather worry than see them go home.

Iveta was definitely one of the early casualties of the season but she's achieved so much more than the title "America's Favorite Dancer" though I know she would be happy to have that under her belt too. Maybe Dancing with The Stars will pick her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment