Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Season Finale

Well guys its been a long time coming and the competition has now come to an end, well for competing we do not know the results yet. The finale was amazing tonight but it almost wasn't the seem.

Just 30 minutes before the show a friend of mine, who also is an idol viewer, Kristin, sent me a link reporting that it is rumored that Lauren would be withdrawing from the finale because she has lost her voice. This seemed far out there but with a season like we have had where front runners seem to meet their untimely elimination it would almost be fitting that a front-runner would have to withdraw at the very moment they have all been fighting for.

If Haley did come back I fell like the drama would be huge! I honestly think that if Haley did come back she could've taken the whole show. Imagine what an underdog she'd be? And from what we've seen with the "Save" it wouldn't surprise me if she did win. Every contestant ever saved have made it past the following week, not even landing in the bottom 2. Luckily we will never know what would happen with Haley coming back. (I do love Haley, and I think shes had some of the best performances...but she's also had some bad ones)

Lauren came out and it turns out the story was somewhat true. She ended up doing something to her vocal cords. The drugged her up and she was ready to sing.

Scotty one the coin toss and let Lauren choose the order and she chose to sing second. Which probably was a good thing because her last song was a lot better than Scottys but we will get to that later.

The first round the contestants sang a song that they have already sang this season. I love the idea of this but its kinda boring, I'd almost rather them pick a new song.

Scotty sang "Gone"...it made me take back the thought of picking a new song. He did well the first time he sang this song but I believe he did way better this time. In the past few weeks I have been a little hard on Scotty but he brought that star quality back with this song.

Lauren picke "Flat on the Floor" from the same week Scotty sang gone. Now on paper I'd think Lauren would do better. After all I did think she did better during the top 5 week when they performed these (even thougth she landed herself in the bottom 2). But Scotty took his song and pushed it up a notch while Lauren left hers on the same level, still and amazing level, but it was a tiny bit below Scottys level.

Round 1 winner- Scotty

Round 2 the contestants Idols pick the songs they will be singing. When this was announced I was excited thinking we'd see  some George Strait talking to Scotty and Carrie Underwood talking to Lauren. NOPE. Ryan just said they picked a song...I'm sure they did but its still kinda boring.

George picked one of this own songs "Check Yes or No" for Scotty to sing, this was a great choice...you can't really go wrong with George Strait but was I the only one who thought it was funny he picked one of his own songs? He did good, it was a good song for him.

Carrie picked "Maybe it was Memphis" for Lauren. This was a good song and it really showed the tone in her voice.

Round 2 Winner- Lauren

Now Jimmy Iovine picked the winners single. I miss the days when someone wrote them some cheesy song about winning and living in the moment and what not.

Scotty's song was "Love you This Big" it was not very good. It'd be a good 3rd or 4th single after a singer is established in the business but not a first single. Is the song a remake? It sounded familiar but I looked it up and couldn't find it.

Lauren sang a Kristy Lee Cook (Remember her? 7th place season 7? wasn't the best singer because she always picked a bad song unless it was about USA...a true American) cover "Like my Mother Does"....First of all I need to give Kristy some props because that song is REALLY good. Lauren blew it out of the water. If America has any since they will vote for her and she will win.

Scotty's song may be a remake I don't know...but if it's not then I don't think its fair that they wrote a song for him and Lauren just got a former Idols song.

Round 3 Winner- Lauren

Who do I think should win? LAUREN!!!

Who will probably win? I really don't know its so close but I think probably Scotty.

I love them both and hope they both have GREAT careers....but I just feel like Lauren earned it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment