Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I thought you were all hat and no cattle.

I am doing something different today, I will be blogging while watching Idol, that way yall get my first thoughts and reactions.

ahh Rock night what a relief. The beginning was pretty funny, Steven Tyler cracks me shit up every week. Why is Will-I-Am mentoring? he isn't a rocker. But what ever

Jacob is up first, he is singing "Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson but honestly I wish he would have kept his song as "Let's Get it On".  The beginning was really bad, I think he had something wrong with his ear piece and it screwed him up in the beginning but he got back into his grove. It wasn't my favorite Jacob performance and it seems like Jacob has lost some confidence but he did good.

Haley sang second tonight, she is finally giving the judges what they want and she sang Janice! She sang Piece of my Heart, I really loved it and think is was the best version of that song ever sang on this show. JLO told her that she was a contender and for the second week in a row Randy liked her and Steven "couldn't find nothing wrong about that". I am really proud of Haley she has grown a lot and got better and better. And that darn Will-i-am who pissed her off ;)

Casey was going to sing "Every little thing she does is magic" then changed it to "Have you ever seen the rain" at first I was unhappy with him leaving the first song but I think both are good. I thought it was good I wish he just put a little bit more energy in it. I didn't like his little growl he through in there, idk if the grow he has he caught from Haley but he shouldn't do it again. I wouldn't consider playing the bass as revolutionary but that's just me.

Lauren is singing "Natural Woman". Shes making this C-O-N-T-R-O-U-L as Will-i-am put it. Let me just say Lauren looks great for a 16 year old. She looks mature but youthful at the same time. Her voice sounded really pure, it was almost effortless. I loved it, was good but it wasn't Kelly Clarkson. I love Lauren though and I hope she follows in Kellys footsteps and wins.

James, the seasons rocker, singing "While my Guitar Gently Weeps" I am kind of shocked that he changed it up. Let me first say his momma forgot to tape his ears back as a child, I thought if he started flapping those things he would have lifted into flight. I really liked it, and I think he picked a good song, he has shown us he can do rock n roll and now he's showing us his emotional sign and it really worked.

Scotty is singing Elvis' "That's all Right Mama". I am glad Scotty is singing Elvis. I really like this performance, it made me smile it was really good. That was my favorite performance tonight so far. It was fun, it was good and it was a winning performance. JLO feels flavor in him haha.

Pia kept her promise and is singing "River Deep Mountain High" I am so glad Pia is showing her performer side and not her ballad side. This is just what we needed to fall back in love with Pia. It was really really good. Pia has been holding out on us! Pia is back in this race! That last note WOW!!! so Great. This is a competition.

Stefano....here comes the most boring part of the show. I feel he sings songs that have been done over and over and over again on AI he is singing "When a Man Love a Woman" he thinks its going to be a big week...he has said that every week. I hate his facial expressions when he sings. It wasn't good, idk what JLO was thinking, it kind of picked up towards the end and then that last note was bad. JLO is clearly in love with him or something idk.

Paul got the pimp spot tonight. It was quick and good and speaking of quick and good the judges kept it that was so I will to.

So here is my weekly list of who did the best (in my opinion):

1. Scotty
2. James
3. Pia
4. Haley
5. Casey (fixed this, thanks Kristin!! Also Casey is fastly re entering my favorites list, the old casey is back!)
6. Lauren
7. Jacob
8. Paul
9. Stefano

Who I think will be in the bottom 3:

Paul, Stefano and Jacob....I am going to put Lauren as my alternate for bottom 3 this week ( I hope shes safe though)

My prediction going home, Stefano....maybe Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment