Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Melanie Moore Can Dance!



Sorry its so late, over the weekend I didn't have a computer and with classes starting I got really busy. So here it is, the finale!!

They did a few group dances, some we had seen before and some that were new.

The show opening dance was really good I thought and Nick and Jess performed with Matt Flint (winner of SYTYCD UK). It honestly gave me a whole new view on Tap Dancing. I liked Nick and a few seasons back Bianca was one of my favorite contestants and she was a tapper.

Anyway I will list out the dances that the judges chose.

Mary Murphy: Sasha & Kent- contemporary; Melanie & Niel- Contemporary; Melanie & Marko- Contemporary

Nigel Lythgoe: Melanie & Marko- Hip Hop; Sasha & tWitch- Hip Hop; Melanie & Sasha- Jazz

Robin Antin: Tadd & Lauren- Jazz (It was good but I don't really agree with it being good enough for the finale)

Lil C: Miranda & Robert- Hip Hop

Jesse Tyler Ferguson: Caitlynn & Pasha- Argentine Tango, Marko & Allison- Contemporary

I think over all they picked the best dances. I think some were left off but you can't pick them all.


Okay now time for the results...lets face it...it kind of went how all of us were expecting it to go.

Fourth Place: TADD. Who was honestly surprised? Not Tadd. He seemed like he kind of expected it. Of the 4 dancers left he by far was not the best dancer. He had some good routines but the others all had AMAZING routines.

Third Place: MARKO. Now this could have gone a different way (it probably wouldn't have but it could have easily if Marko would have had a better night). He was by far the best boy, no one was in the running for the men except him. He had never been in the bottom so he could have easily gone in and snagged a second place finish.

Second Place: SASHA. I was really hoping she would get second. Shes a great girl but didn't have a strong start to the top 20 like Melanie and I believe that stopped her from taking it all. I kind of figured when they announced the percentage of votes they both ranked in that Sasha got second because it wasn't very close.

WINNER OF SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE? 2011 IS: MELANIE!!! She did it. She by far did the best. She never put a pinky out of place this whole time and she was so lovable! About time someone from Georgia won one of these things.


That is really all I have to say, congratulations to everyone who put in all the hard work this season!! Sure it didn't turn out to how I thought but I am very pleased with the results!!

No comments:

Post a Comment