Thursday, August 4, 2011

Best Solo Ever.



Last night the top 6 performed on So You Think You Can Dance? and I have to say that it was one of the best performance shows yet! It was good to see some old favorites back and it was great to see some dancers reach their full potential on the show.

Christina Applegate and Lil C were the guest judges, I thought Christina A. did very good but frankly I was just glad to see Lil C back on the judges panel. He she be permanent, I know he is doing other things and that would be a big commitment but come on!! Its only 2 nights a week for all of summer lol.

First all 6 dancers left danced with an All-Star and then they'd dance with a fellow contestant. In the middle of all of this they would do solos. I will go ahead and make a solo lists I will include all of the the dancers.

1. Melanie- She figured her solo out right before she went on AND it was probably the best solo ever.
2. Marko
3. Sasha
4. Caitlynn
5. Ricky
6. Tadd

Ricky usually does a lot better than he did tonight, and I am kind of tired of Tadd's solos, they were fun at first but now they seem very repetitive...its just a bunch of the same tricks.


Back to the Show!!!

Melanie & tWitch- HipHop. CALLED IT. This was probably Melanies worst dance she has done on the show, it was good but alas the worst. I think the music was a weird choice (I love Roman's Revenge...just not good to dance too).

Sasha & Kent- Contemporary. CALLED IT. I would just like to give Kent a major shout out, he was a beast. Sasha did so amazing, the emotion she brought to the piece was so real. I loved it.

Tadd & Ellenore - Jazz. I didn't call it. Oh well, but I did call Ellenore doing Jazz? haha. It was fun to watch but by know means the best dance. It was just kind of weird with the chandelier and everything.

Ricky & Jaimie- Contemporary. CALLED IT. I really liked this piece, I think it would have been just as good without the sticks though. I wasn't excited about Jaimie being an All-Star but she made me eat my words.

Marko & Janette- Paso Doble. Didn't call it. They actually went third but I forgot them, sorry. I don't think it was the best Paso Doble we have seen on the show but it was good. The second Janette came on screen I was reminded why I liked her when she was on the show.

Caitlynn & Pasha- Samba. CALLED IT. It was so good!! I loved it. Caitlynn is a ballroom dancing QUEEN!!!!!

Sasha & Ricky- Waacking..........I don't really know what to say. It was really fun to watch, it would have been interesting in a talent show or earlier in the competition but it was sandwiched between two amazing dancers. Sasha did better than Ricky.

Melanie & Tadd- Broadway. Thank you Spencer Lift!! I ragged on him earlier this season because he had two really bad dancers but this was AMAZING!!! On both ends!! Surely nothing could beat it tonight!!! Right?!

WRONG

Caitlynn & Marko- Jazz. Thank you Sonya you crazy crazy genius!! This was amazing. It was like like Caitlynn woke up and said "Fuck it, I want to be in the finale. I don't care if everyone thinks Sasha and Melanie should be there my ass Will going to dance better than everyone tonight!" And that she did....oh yeah and Marko did AMAZING. I am just so proud of Caitlynn.


Best:

1. Caitlynn & Marko- Jazz
2. Tadd & Melanie- Broadway
3. Sasha & Kent- Contemporary
4. Caitlynn & Pasha- Samba
5. Ricky & Jaimie- Contemporary
6. Marko & Janette- Paso Doble
7. Melanie & tWitch- Hip Hop
8. Tadd & Ellenore- Jazz
9. Sasha & Ricky- Waacking


Time for my bottom 4 list! As hard is for me to say this I think tonight for the girls I would put in the bottom Sasha and Melanie. I think Melanie had a great solo, and did amazing but I think all around tonight Caitlynn did the best for the girls (and better than the boys)

For the boys I would want Tadd and Ricky to be in the bottom.

NOW that is just who I think deserves to be in the bottom. Here is what I think is probably going to happen.
Caitlynn, Sasha, Tadd and Ricky will probably be in the bottom. And if the judges are still picking they will almost with out a doubt send Caitlynn and Ricky home. Which I think is a mistake because I think Caitlynn should stay over Sasha.

But what can you do. This is why I wish the judges didn't have a say anymore. ESPECIALLY since they all have been saying who there favorite girls were the past 2 weeks. It would be understandable if they didn't get to pick, but since they do they should keep there favorites to themselves.

All I know is they better not send Melanie home, and they better not pick a winner next week (unless they pick Melanie).



Okay. anyway I thought I'd tell yall that tonight Kent and Lauren will be dancing TOGETHER!!! WHOOT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment