Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sasha threw down the Gauntlet and you picked it up and slapped her around with it!

So if you have been reading my blog or are a fan of the show then you should know tonight was the performance finale for So You Think You Can Dance?

I am going to come right out and say that this was my least favorite finale since season 1...where I can't really remember the finale. It didn't really have the finale feel to it, I don't know if it is because Melanie and Sasha have dominated the show so long that it wasn't really a point to see Marko and especially Tadd perform or what.

Don't get me wrong, I love Marko and Tadd I am glad both of them are in the top 4 they have had some good routines in the past and tonight BUT they haven't been the forces that Melanie and Sasha have been. Just because they have been good all season and Melanie hasn't been in the bottom doesn't make me think they will win. Marko hasn't been in the bottom either and for the most part he has done just as good. We all remember Jeanine right? Winner of Season 5. We didn't really know her, she was a good dancer but it seemed Phillip was caring her all the way though until the top 12 where they went into the bottom and he left her...or I guess I should say she left him because she went straight on to win the show.

We had Brandon and Kayla in the finale, both of whom lacked a bit in the personality department compared to Jeanine but were two of the best dancers they show had seen at the time. And Jeanine swept that shit up!! She did good but lets face it her solo the performance night won her the show.

What was the point of that right? Well I was just giving an example that on this show it really doesn't matter whether you are leading the pack or are just a good dancer it all matters how you perform the performance night. It's make it or break it so those boys could have easily blow everyone out of the water and took the whole show. Did they blow us out of the water? No. Will they win? We will see tomorrow but right now I am thinking it will be Sasha and Melanie in the top two (hopefully Melanie coming out on top). But lets get straight down to the dancing!!

Oh but before that let me also say, the music sucked tonight....really really bad. It made some performances bad. Literally I wouldn't watch some performances again because I hate the song that much. I feel that for it to be AMAZING everything has to mesh well...sure the dancers don't get to decide costuming, the song, or even the dance BUT they have to work with it. And if it doesn't look good because of the costuming or music or even the style...well tuff shit because you picked it out of a hat. Jeanine and Phillip didn't want to do that Russian dance, but they did it anyway and gave it there all and you know what?

IT SUCKED! They didn't dance it bad, it just didn't work. That's how I feel about tonight as a whole.

Melanie & Marko: Disco.............I love disco....I think Doriana Sanchez is amazing. I think the routine was awesome...I think the dancing was awesome. I think the chemistry, the costumes the makeup the stage was awesome. But that song. Oh lord that song. It was terrible. Who would think to dance to that song? It was like they were dancing and that was just in the background!!! Like I said it was good dancing but terrible song

Sasha & Mark: Jazz. It was really good. I'd imagine Sasha came out and said "Let's go bitches I have a show to win" she put everything into it and it was amazing! The song wasn't the best but it worked. She through down the challenge (something that I would have hoped Melanie and Marko would have done first).

Tadd & Joshua: Hip Hop. Well there is a reason Joshua hasn't been an All-Star yet. He was to good. He out did Tadd. It wasn't a finale routine. I think I have mentioned it before on here, I know I have mentioned it in real life...Tadd can't be a hip hop dancer. Who ever does his solos (yes it is break dancing but he should be able to semi do hip hop, all the b-boys and the b-girl could do it well) must have been done by a twin. Tadd is more like a great classically trained in everything else person because i think he does better in other styles of dance.

Melanie & Robert: Contemporary. AMAZING!! Thanks for joining making this the finale. Because until this routine it seemed Sasha was the only one who realized this was the finale. This was the best routine of the night. This is where Nigel said the title of this blog haha. I didn't like the song but that dancing just blew me away. I could look past it.

Sasha & Marko: Broadway. Will Sasha hit back after being slapped around by Melanie? Sadly no. I liked this, and I thought it was really fun and Sasha danced it well. But as a routine I don't think it was finale stuff. It didn't even seem like the Marko we knew and loved up there. And Sasha is more a warrior women than a Vamp as they would say.

Sasha & Tadd: Cha-Cha. It wasn't good and it was another really bad song choice. There wasn't anything I liked about this

Marko & Lauren: Contemporary. I'd imagine Lauren, last seasons winner went backstage and told Marko that this shit was the finale and he needed to step up his game. Because Marko went running for the gauntlet to take on the leading ladies with this number! It was really good. Marko finale showed up to play! But I think they might have blocked him about because it wasn't as good as the girls in my opinion. Oh and that song was probably one of the worst of the night.

Melanie & Tadd: Jazz. It seemed a little Broadway/jazz to me. It was really fun...and a bit emotional. It made my night. It was probably my favorite (not the best just my favorite). Everything worked well but Tadd could have kept his pants on...or I guess Melanie could have left them on for him. As for Tadd being in the running more? I don't think he brought it that much. It was more him saying "hey guys I mean business even though I am in my underwear...I wouldn't mind a few votes" Then him actually fighting for it.

Melanie & Sasha: Contemporary. They are so amazing. I thought this number was good but don't think it did them justice. I would have rather seen Travis Wall get his hands on them. They could have made another AMAZING dance like last time and Stacey sadly just made a good dance (There is NOTHING wrong with a good dance, Stacey is great...I just don't think she used these girls to their full potential).

Marko & Tadd: Hip Hop. Uhhh I didn't like this (liked the song though). They could have been more in sync with each other. It was a weird style. Tadd killed Marko.


It just wasn't there for me tonight. Wasn't a spectacular finale. Hopefully tomorrow will be great though right? And after this amazing season we know all 4 of them are amazing.


Final Finale Performance List:
1. Melanie & Robert- Contemporary
2. Sasha & Mark- Jazz
3. Melanie & Tadd- Jazz
4. Marko & Lauren- Contemporary
5. Melanie & Sasha- Contemporary
6. Sasha & Marko- Broadway
7. Melanie & Marko- Disco
8. Tadd & Joshua- Hip Hop
9. Tadd & Marko- Hip Hop
10. Sasha & Tadd- Cha Cha

My Finale List:

1. Melanie
2. Sasha
3. Marko
4. Tadd


Okay I am done, finale tomorrow everyone knows I am team Melanie. Time for me to bitch about other things.

This season we haven't exactly had a wide variety of choreographers. I mean we have had probably more than ever but ever week many people double up, so out favorites don't get to choreograph every week. I mean if one week you have people dance something AMAZING by one of our old favorites then another week have people dance something mediocer and the only difference is its a new choreographer I think the choreographer needs to go. So I am making a list of who I want to see more of and who I want to see less of. Lets start out with less.

Actually Less is bad, because some did bad then proved them self later. But I can live without Mark Ballas and Liza Lira I am sure they are great ballroom dancers but they don't give non ballroom dancers much to work with. And they aren't like Toni Redpath or Jean-Marc Généreux where if they work there ass off it will be amazing. Marko and Liza made routines that you'd need a ballroom dancers (for lack of better word) swagger to look good doing.

More: Tyce Diorio (we saw a lot though); Mia Michaels (come back please!!); Dmitry Chaplin; Toni Redpath; NappyTabs; Travis Wall; and Sonya.

Also these having famous guest judges SUCKS. Almost all of them were scared to be mean!! Suck it up! Its your job as a judge to be truthful. Lady GaGa was really the only one who gave semi good critiques. They seemed to get worse as they went on rounding out the end with Katie Holmes.

I want Debbie Allen, Tyce, Adam Shankman, Toni Redpath, Lil' C, Jason Gilkison, Mia Michaels, Sonya and hell even Robin Antin to be the guest judges. (or and other choreographer!) They just do so much better of a job.




Okay besides Kristin Chenoweth.

No comments:

Post a Comment