Thursday, March 24, 2011

Grow Up

Tonight on American Idol we were going to go from 11 to 10. Ryan brings out Scotty, Pia and Lauren....all three of them are safe. I was very happy by this because these are my 3 favourite and the people I'd like to be in the finale 3. I was a little worried about Lauren being in the bottom 3, rumors were swirling.

Next Paul and James are on stage, I honestly thought there was a slight chance one of these two could be in the bottom 3 but didn't think either would go home. I love Paul and he takes my number 4 spot, James I am not the biggest fan of, I love watching him and think hes great but he isn't a favorite.

Jakob, Thia and Stefano are up next. Honestly I looked at who was next then texted my mom and said Thia and Stefano bottom 3, it was obvious. Jakob safe, clearly. I think Jakob is amazing and I think Thia is too, though she needs to show us more. I'm not a Stefano fan, thought there was a chance I could be one maybe in top 24 but since he reached the top 13 I just haven't liked him.

Last up, Naima, Casey and Haley. I figured Naima would be safe, I love watching her perform and she cracks me up and I know she wants this so bad maybe even more than everyone else but I don't think she should win. I figured Casey would be in the bottom and not Haley. I am a big Haley fan I love her growling voice (like Lindsey Cardinale season 4). She did better than Casey last night, the judges basically try to set up Haley to fail.

Bottom 3 Stefano, Casey and Thia. Ryan is going to let one person go. Lets be honest I called this one too, Thia was going to be safe, it only made since she didn't do bad (you can argue that they other 2 didn't either, in fact nobody really did but I believe that was Caseys worst performance).

Stafano and Casey who will it be? I was bias and wanted Stefano to go and was a bit surprised that it was Casey who was eliminated. Oh well, I was fine with him going home. The judges were not. I think this whole ending was very immature, they should have let him sing the WHOLE song, after all he did bad last night and should have to actually prove that he can do better, with his redemption song or it just defeats the purpose of making them sing for their lives.

Also what really made me mad was Casey's reaction to the news that they saved him. I cuss like a sailor, but i felt half of the ending out the show was bleeped out. He was running around falling down like a mad man, people have won the show and haven't acted that immature. Grow up dude. I just feel he needs a little more poise, is that the right word? It's like he needs to go to charm school and learn how to act to good news because frankly I'd stay up all night to vote for anyone else just so I wouldn't have to see that happy reaction again.

Look at Thia, shes 16 years old and hold herself like an adult, shes not immature (though she could loosen up) and would never pull a stunt like Casey pulled tonight, even Lauren who clearly likes a good joke would never do that, also 16. Yet this 19 year old did it, honestly grow up. He acts like he really doesn't care what happens to him in this competition and then he reacts like that? No Sir not okay.

Theirs my little rant. I am going to post my favorites list.

1. Lauren (beats Scottie by a hair, only because she my GA girl)
2. Scotty
3. Pia
4. Paul
5. Haley
6. Jakob
7. James
8. Thia
9. Niama (Jumped ahead of casey after that little stunt)
10. Casey (only ahead of stefano bc he can sing better)
11. Stefano.


-Reyn

No comments:

Post a Comment